Vagabond Temple is situated within a tranquil and lush space on top of a hill, surrounded by flowers, ponds, exotic fruit trees and plants including papaya, passion fruit, mango, pineapple, jackfruit, pepper and more. Set near Kep National Park’s beautiful mountains, and overlooking the sea, our retreat centre is a haven of peace and quiet. All accommodation facilities in the retreat centre are traditional Khmer straw and wooden bungalows nestled within our spacious gardens and range from shared to private and basic to premium.
Our Prana Lounge is the heart of the temple grounds, a central community gathering space where we invite you to share meals, socialize with other guests, or cozy up in a hammock with a book from our spiritual library. Classes are held in a spacious, open-door yoga shala that is an extension of the surrounding nature. Guests can enjoy access to free wifi and laundry facilities (at an additional cost) during their stay. During free time, guests can enjoy exploring nearby villages or relax at the beach which is only a 5 minute drive from the centre (15 minute walk).
Located up the mountain from the Prana Lounge, Premium Bungalows are equipped with double beds, attached bathrooms, plenty of space, and balconies to enjoy their view overlooking the retreat center. There is mild uphill walking to reach these accommodations.
Our most luxurious option, the Deluxe Premium Bungalow is fully decorated with elaborate wooden carvings, a big closet, a private bathroom and a large balcony overlooking 180 degrees of the ocean. This spacious, isolated room provides the guest the serene, peaceful experience that comes with being fully immersed in nature. There is mild uphill walking to reach these accommodations.
Our Standard Shared Bungalow is an elevated option that comes with a balcony, attached bathroom, and is located in the heart of the the center, just in between the yoga hall and the Prana Lounge. Fitted with two double beds.
For individuals or a couple who seek privacy, space, and attached bathroom facilities, we have our Standard Private Bungalow. With each having its own balcony, guests can take time to relax and enjoy the scenery. Equipped with one double bed.
Emerging from the treetops are our two Standard Treetop Bungalows, both offering stunning views from their respective balconies overlooking the trees and sea. Both host double beds, ideal for one person or a couple. The two rooms share a bathroom at bottom of their connecting stairs. While the view is well worth the effort, keep in mind this selection requires some climbing of stairs.
The most affordable and basic option, our Basic Outdoor Dorm is a simple mixed-gender room with 3-4 single beds, and is located close to the yoga hall. Bathroom facilities are located right outside.
Another simple accommodation located amongst the trees, our Basic Shared Bungalow is a sizable room shared between two people with two single beds. Bathroom facilities can be found outside. Those sharing the room will be of the same gender unless specifically requested otherwise.
The Basic Private Bungalows are for one person or a couple. The cheapest option for those who seek privacy, this space is basic and includes one double bed with bathroom facilities located outside.
- Communal spaces – Throughout the house, you will find several communal chill-out spaces where you can relax, read, create and connect with people from around the world. Enjoy the garden’s greenery, laying in the hammocks or sitting by the pond.
- Silent haven – On the top of the hill lies an oasis overlooking the sea where you can retreat in silence to be alone with your own thoughts and the lush treetops.
- Learning center – Featuring a small library stocked with books related to yoga, meditation and spirituality.
- Free WiFi – WiFi is available throughout the premises for learning purposes and urgent communication, but we strongly encourage our guests to take time off from casual browsing and reconnect to the natural rhythms of life.
- Yoga hall – A spacious semi open-air space, perfect for learning and practicing, dancing and celebrating life. The yoga hall is equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, cushions, bolsters and a sound system.
- Healing hut – Our healing hut is a secluded, quiet, safe and energetic space to rejuvenate through a variety of healing sessions from one of our trained healers.
- Garden – In our peaceful garden, you will find hammocks, tables and chairs, fruit trees, a little pond and a small pepper farm.
- Laundry – We provide basins for you to do your laundry or you can make use of our laundry service for a small fee.
- Food and drink – Your stay includes three delicious and balanced vegan meals per day, both Khmer and international, cooked with fresh local ingredients. Drinking water, herbal tea and bananas are available throughout the day.
- Dan T, EnglandEverybody staying at the Vagabond Temple is very friendly. There are people from all walks of life with different experiences and personal goals, providing the retreat with a special homely vibe.
- Charlotte A, EnglandVagabond is my home away from home and whether you stay for a week, one month, or six months, you will find yourself absorbed in a community of love and openness.