Vagabond Temple takes you back to nature with its location, situated within a tranquil, dense bush on top of a hill, surrounded by flowers, exotic fruit trees and plants including papaya, passion fruit, mango, pineapple, jackfruit, pepper and more. Set near Kep National Park’s beautiful mountains, and overlooking the sea, our retreat centre is a haven of peace and quiet. All accommodation facilities in the retreat centre are traditional Khmer straw and wooden bungalows nestled within our spacious gardens and range from shared to private, and basic to standard. All of our bungalows are equipped with electrical outlets, bedding, towels and fans.
Our Prana Lounge is the heart of the temple grounds, a central community gathering space where we invite you to share meals, socialize with other guests, or cozy up in a hammock with a book from our spiritual library. Guests can enjoy access to free wifi at the Prana Lounge. Classes are held in a spacious, open-air yoga shala that is an extension of the surrounding nature. During free time, guests can enjoy exploring nearby villages or relax at the beach which is only a 5 minute drive from the centre (15 minute walk).
The Sea-View Bungalow which is located at the top of the hill behind the centre, is a spacious, isolated room with an en suite, providing our guests with harmony and peace in a full natural setting. This room also has a balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean.
Our Standard Dorm is a five-bed mixed gender dorm with a combination of single beds and bunk beds and an attached bathroom. This accommodation is centrally situated with a balcony overlooking the garden.
Our Standard Shared Bungalow is an elevated option with a balcony, attached bathroom and is located in the heart of the center, looking onto the greenery of the garden. Accommodates two people.
For individuals or couples who seek privacy, we have a range of Standard Private Bungalows of different specifications. All have a private bathroom, with some located outside of the room. Guests can take time to relax and enjoy the scenery as each has its own balcony. Equipped with one double bed.
Located up the hill from the heart of the center, the Standard Top Hill Bungalows are equipped with double beds, attached bathrooms and balconies to enjoy the view overlooking the retreat center. There is an uphill pathway to reach these bungalows.
The most affordable and basic option, our Basic Dorm is a simple mixed-gender room with 4 single beds. Bathroom facilities are located next to the dorm.
Our Basic Shared Bungalows are another simple accommodation option located amongst the trees, shared between 2 people with 2 single beds. Bathroom facilities are located outside, next to these bungalows.
The Basic Private Bungalows are for one person or a couple. This is the cheapest option for those who seek privacy, the space is basic and includes either a single or a double bed with bathroom facilities located outside.
- Communal spaces – Throughout the centre, you will find several communal chill-out spaces where you can relax, read, create and connect with people from around the world. Enjoy the garden’s greener whilst laying in the hammocks.
- Silent haven – On the top of the hill lies an oasis overlooking the sea where you can retreat in silence to be alone with your own thoughts and the lush treetops.
- Learning center – Featuring a small library stocked with books related to yoga, meditation and spirituality.
- Free WiFi – WiFi is available in the Prana lounge for learning purposes and urgent communication, but we strongly encourage our guests to take time off from casual browsing and reconnect to the natural rhythms of life.
- Yoga hall – A spacious semi open-air space, perfect for learning and practicing, dancing and celebrating life. The yoga hall is equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, cushions, bolsters and a sound system.
- Healing hut – Our healing hut is a secluded, quiet, safe and energetic space to rejuvenate through a variety of healing sessions from one of our trained healers.
- Laundry – We provide basins for you to wash your laundry. Alternatively, you can bring your laundry to our neighbor’s shop right outside the center and have it washed for a small fee.
- Food and drink – Your stay includes three delicious and balanced vegan meals per day, both Khmer and international, cooked with fresh local ingredients. Drinking water, herbal tea and bananas are available throughout the day.
- Dan T, EnglandEverybody staying at the Vagabond Temple is very friendly. There are people from all walks of life with different experiences and personal goals, providing the retreat with a special homely vibe.
- Charlotte A, EnglandVagabond is my home away from home and whether you stay for a week, one month, or six months, you will find yourself absorbed in a community of love and openness.