Vagabond Temple takes you back to nature with its location, situated within a tranquil, dense bush on top of a hill, surrounded by flowers, exotic fruit trees and plants including papaya, passion fruit, mango, pineapple, jackfruit, pepper and more. Set near Kep National Park’s beautiful mountains, and overlooking the sea, our retreat centre is a haven of peace and quiet.
Those who are looking for an authentic nature experience in simple accommodation are welcome to stay in one of our wooden bungalows inside the centre. Those who are looking for more comfort and luxury are welcome to find accommodation outside the centre and join us for the daily programme and meals (please note there is a 5 day minimum participation required to get the most out of the programme).
All accommodation facilities in our retreat centre are traditional Khmer straw and wooden bungalows nestled within our spacious gardens and range from shared to private, and basic to standard. All of our bungalows are simple and equipped with electrical outlets, bedding, towels and fans (no A/C in any of the bungalows).
The Sea-View Bungalow which is located at the top of the hill behind the centre, is a spacious, isolated room with an en suite, providing our guests with harmony and peace in a full natural setting. This room also has a balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean.
Our Standard Dorm is a five-bed mixed gender dorm with an attached bathroom. This accommodation is centrally situated with a balcony overlooking the garden.
Our Standard Shared Bungalow is an elevated option with a balcony, attached bathroom and is located in the heart of the center, looking onto the greenery of the garden. Accommodates two people (female only).
For individuals or couples who seek privacy, we have a range of Standard Private Bungalows which all have private bathrooms and different specifications. Guests can take time to relax and enjoy the scenery as each has its own balcony. Equipped with one double bed.
Located up the hill or at the heart of the centre, the Standard High Top Bungalows are equipped with double beds, attached bathrooms and balconies to enjoy the view overlooking the retreat centre. There is an uphill pathway to reach some of these bungalows.
The most affordable and basic option, our Basic Dorm is a simple mixed-gender room with 4 – 5 single beds. Bathroom facilities are located next to the dorm.
Our Basic Shared Bungalows are another simple accommodation option located amongst the trees, shared between 2 people (female only) with 2 single beds. Bathroom facilities are located outside, next to these bungalows.
- Prana Lounge – located in the heart of the temple grounds, a central community gathering space where we invite you to share meals, socialize with other guests, or cozy up in a hammock with a book from our spiritual library.
- Communal spaces – Throughout the centre, you will find several communal chill-out spaces where you can relax, read, create and connect with people from around the world. Enjoy the garden’s greener whilst laying in the hammocks.
- Silent haven – On the top of the hill lies an oasis overlooking the sea where you can retreat in silence to be alone with your own thoughts and the lush treetops.
- Learning center – Featuring a small library stocked with books related to yoga, meditation and spirituality.
- Free WiFi –We encourage our guests to take time off from the digital world, however, we do understand that some people need the internet for travel arrangements and to connect with loved ones, therefore Wifi is available in the Prana Lounge between 10.30am – 12pm and 7.30pm – 9pm.
- Yoga hall – A spacious semi open-air space, perfect for learning and practicing, dancing and celebrating life. The yoga hall is equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, cushions, bolsters and a sound system.
- Healing hut – Our healing hut is a secluded, quiet, safe and energetic space to rejuvenate through a variety of healing sessions from one of our trained healers.
- Laundry – We provide basins for you to wash your laundry. Alternatively, you can bring your laundry to our neighbor’s shop right outside the center and have it washed for a small fee.
- Food and drink – Your stay includes three delicious and balanced vegan meals per day, both Khmer and international, cooked with fresh local ingredients. Drinking water, herbal tea and bananas are available throughout the day.
- The Beach – During free time, guests can enjoy exploring nearby villages or relax at the beach which is only a 5 minute drive from the centre (15 minute walk). For more info on things to do around Kep, click here.
- Dan T, EnglandEverybody staying at the Vagabond Temple is very friendly. There are people from all walks of life with different experiences and personal goals, providing the retreat with a special homely vibe.
- Charlotte A, EnglandVagabond is my home away from home and whether you stay for a week, one month, or six months, you will find yourself absorbed in a community of love and openness.