Become a member of an international spiritual community
Our community member program is a long-term yoga and meditation retreat in Cambodia, for people who wish to commit to living and growing in a mindful spiritual community for around 2 months (50 days).
The long-term retreat is an opportunity to experience deep spiritual exploration and self-development. You will learn how to integrate spiritual practices into your daily life and create lasting change in your outlook and attitude. Come and heal, grow, learn and express your true self in a supportive and welcoming community of people of all ages, nationalities and walks of life.
Become a community member and enjoy all the benefits of our yoga and meditation retreat program at a discounted price.
- 50 days of full daily retreat program
- 3 vegan meals, water, tea and bananas throughout the day.
- Weekly group meeting to discuss practice, challenges, progress and insights
- Engaging in Karma yoga (selfless service) and giving back to the community
- Three healthy vegan meals per day; water, herbal tea and bananas throughout the day
- Full access to all of the retreat’s facilities
- Connection with nature and relaxation on the nearby beach
- True opportunity to heal, expand and develop yourself in a supportive environment
What you’ll learn
Asana (yoga postures) – increasing awareness of both the physical and energy bodies through Vinyasa, Hatha, Kundalini and Yin Yoga.
Meditation – both silent and active meditation from the Yogic and Buddhist traditions.
Spiritual philosophy – integrating the wisdom of Yoga, Buddhism and Tantra among others.
Self-awareness – self inquiry into thoughts, speech, and actions.
Pranayama (breathing exercises) – gain awareness of the breath, expand breathing abilities and lift the body’s energy to experience higher realms of consciousness.
Energetic anatomy of the body – exploration of energy centres (chakras), along with their functions and imbalances. This includes techniques from Reiki, Tai Chi, Chi Kong and Tantra Yoga.
Nutrition – nutritional guidelines from Ayurveda (an ancient Indian system of natural healing) and the natural hygiene nutrition method.
Self-practice – develop your own spiritual practice by building motivation and discipline into daily actions and overcoming obstacles to create a clear approach to the spiritual path.
Each community member will take charge of a personal community project, chosen according to your interest, passion and skills. You can focus on developing an aspect of yourself, offering a service or running activities at the retreat centre, or giving back to the local community in Kep. The project will let you explore and nourish your own unique talents and you will discover how to use your gifts to progress on your spiritual path. Your teachers and fellow community members will provide support, advice and encouragement.
Previous community member projects have included:
- Teaching English to local Khmer people
- Making a video about Vagabond Temple
- Leading a group meditation
- Creating art to decorate the retreat centre
- Organising events at the local school
- Gardening projects
- Recycling and sustainability projects
Community members are welcome to sleep inside the centre for an additional cost or find accommodation outside the retreat centre. For more details about accommodation please check here.
The discounted cost of the Community Member Program is USD 2150 for 50 days (accommodation is available in additional cost).
Community member spaces are limited. We recommend booking well in advance to avoid disappointment.