Vagabond Temple is an established Yoga and Meditation retreat based on the Southern Coast of Cambodia.
We pride ourselves in offering our guests the opportunity to experience community living, to learn, grow and develop themselves on all levels.
Starting in 2011 we have now grown into a large ongoing retreat centre, holding space for up to 60 guests. As well as opportunities for Yoga Teachers and Healing Practitioners, we currently have a range of opportunities in all the traditional areas of a retreat.
We are interested to hear from committed, hardworking, open hearted souls who wish to work in a community setting. We are looking for well rounded individuals who have experience with guest relations and are capable of managing the daily demands of our retreat and support for our guests.
In return you will have access to Yoga and Meditation classes by professional teachers from around the world, accommodation, 3 healthy vegan meals each day, discount in our shop and an opportunity to give back to a community that makes a difference. Some positions also include a small allowance.
Our season starts on November 1st 2018 and ends on May 7 2019
- Operations Manager – This is an ideal position for couples who know how to work together. This position will involve general maintenance, supervising the Khmer staff whilst they clean the centre and landscape the garden. This is a role for people who are responsible, energetic, caring and have good communication skills. Minimum position period is 3 months.
- Front Desk – This is the perfect position for people who have experience in customer service, are patient, have good communication skills and have a caring nature. The position involves taking care of arrivals and departures, payments, treatment scheduling, updating bills, providing answers to guest’s questions and helping them with whatever they need. The minimum position period is 2 months.
- Reservations Assistant – The primary focus of this role is to assist guests with the planning and booking of their stay, mainly online but also via phone and in person. The reservation assistant must have impeccable customer service skills and be an excellent English communicator, detail-orientated, enjoy assisting others and able to sit in front of the computer for long periods. This is a whole season position (6 months).
- Guest Hosting – this role includes general maintenance of the restaurant area, cleaning, selling in our shop, helping with guest arrivals and departures and giving general support for the community. This position includes working in shifts (early morning – 5:45, morning 8:30, evening 15:00). You must have impeccable customer service and communication skills, be detail-orientated and enjoy assisting others. The minimum position period is 2 months.
- Social Media & Marketing– The focus of the Marketing position is to maintain, update and coordinate all marketing channels (mainly online but also onsite) in order to drive awareness of Vagabond Temple and engagement with our content. This position requires knowledge of social media platforms, WordPress and Google Analytics as well as great communication skills both written and oral. The minimum position period is 3 months.
- Writer– The focus of this position is to create spiritual content for blogs, booklets and hand-outs in line with the Vagabond Temple teachings as well as updating content to our website, editing existing material and assisting in special workshops and courses with organisation and writing. This position requires excellent English skills and passion for writing. The minimum position period is 2 months.
- Kitchen Hand– The focus of this position is to help in the kitchen – mainly cutting vegetables, serving meals and cleaning. No cooking experience is needed. This is a role for people who are responsible, energetic, caring and enjoy doing physical work. The minimum position period is 2 months.
- Yoga Instructor – The primary focus of the role is to lead yoga and meditation classes for large groups, assist and correct students and to support the spiritual community at the center. We are looking for a Vinyasa yoga instructor with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience and a strong self practice. This person must have great English and communication skills, be energetic, supportive and able to motivate others. The minimum position period is 2 months.
- Treatment Therapist – we are looking for talented caring people who can offer a variety of massages e.g. Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, Ayurvedic massage, reflexology, Tuina, shiatsu or acupuncture. This person must have a big heart, be incredibly supportive, value confidentiality and be able to create a safe environment for our guests. 2 years’ experience is required. The minimum position period is 2 months.
Joining our team is an intense and wonderful experience of self growth, love, connection and serving others. Please apply only if you are able to commit to the full duration of the minimum position period and have the necessary skills. Please note we do not recruit people on a shirt term basis.
If you feel called to work with us, send us an email. Make sure to mention when you can arrive at Vagabond Temple and the position you are applying for.