Yoga is a practice of conscious transformation. It is a path designed to help us grow into fully energetic human beings: healthy, focused, balanced and fully connected.
Vagabond Temple offers an in-depth, comprehensive and transformational yoga teacher training program. We understand that yoga is a profound holistic practice that involves physical discipline, a scientific method, spiritual reflection. Yoga is really a way of life, an art of living and healing. Our vision is to set up an educational program to help unleash the vast power of yoga.
The course is suitable for those who wish to deepen their spiritual journey, experienced yogis looking to take the practice to the next level, and anybody who wishes to share the knowledge of yoga by teaching others.
The core of the vagabond temple yoga teacher training includes 3 main interrelated principles: yoga practice, yoga anatomy and heart wisdom.
A fundamental aspect of the yoga system, designed to bring our body, mind and spirit in to alignment. The practice is a microcosm of our life and give us tools to live the optimum way, becoming fully energetic human beings. Yoga gives us the power to navigate our lives and deal with the challenges that come our way. The practice includes: asana, pranayama, meditation, contemplation, and mindfulness (on and off the mat).
Anatomy of yoga includes both eastern and western understandings of the structure of the body-mind organism. The body, mind and spirit function as one miraculous, interconnected unit. On the physical level, the Anatomy of yoga offers an understanding of the muscular system, nervous system, hormonal system and digestive system. It also covers the energetic level, such as the chakra and elemental systems.
The third component is the understanding that wisdom comes from the heart. The heart knows all! If we follow the heart it will lead us to an insightful, wonderful space of goodness, compassion, love and joy.
Highlights of the course:
- Yoga Asana (Hatha, Yin and Kundalini).
- Yoga Philosophy (Yoga sutra of Patanjali and Bhagavad Gita )
- Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Meditation and foundation of mindfulness
- Western and Eastern anatomy
- Somatic awareness
- Yoga as a therapy, emotional management, Ayurveda principles and diet.
- Mantra, Chanting, Kirtan
- Teaching skills and practice (holding space, using the voice, how to build a sequence, alignment, modifications, cues and adjusts).
Sample Daily Schedule:
O7:00-07:30am: Arrive, set up mat, prepare for your day
7:30-09:30am: Asana and meditation practice
10:30-1:00pm: Morning teachings
1:00-2:00pm: Lunch break
3:30-6:00pm: Afternoon teachings and practice
07:00-08:00pm : Evening teachings, meditation or kirtan
Students who complete our 200-Hour Teacher Training Program will receive a vagabond temple 200-Hour Teacher Certificate and are eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 200 (Registered Yoga Teacher).
March 26- April 20, 2020
Accommodation and Payment
For more information about accommodation options please go here.
|Type of room||Early bird until January 10||Full price|
|Basic dorm||$ 1775||$1875|
|Standard private/ Tree top||$1950||$2050|
|High view bungalow||$2075||$2175|
|Sea view bungalow||$2200||$2300|
The price includes:
- 26 day intensive teacher training program (there are three days off during the course)
- Detailed manual
- Personal guidance and support throughout the course and after it
- 25 night accommodation
- 3 vegan meals a day plus unlimited water, tea and fruits
- Visit to the local pagoda
- Ritual and special ceremonies
- Opportunity to connect with an international spiritual community
- Enjoy the nearby beach and nature in your free time
- Certification from Vagabond Temple and Yoga Alliance